We’re looking for a talented Junior Programmer to join our team at Dream Random in London. We are a group of talented people drawing from a diverse range of experience and creative influences to create interactive entertainment with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
This role is for you if:
You are smart, passionate and creative, looking to gain professional experience in a supportive environment whilst immediately contributing to the development of new titles.
You might only just be realising your interest in applying your technical skills to a creative medium.
You want to work on something outside the norm which has an impact on the world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, building and iterating engine systems and gameplay features
- Collaborating with artists and designers, building tools to support them and contributing creatively to the design process
- Helping to maintain existing titles
- BSc in computer science/physics/maths-based subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience creating things in C/C++ or C#
- Good 3D maths skills
- Can-do attitude
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Drive to keep learning
- You hold a valid EU work Visa, or have the right to work in the UK
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to a company wide profit sharing platform, company pension, life assurance, private medical and amazing family policies. We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas.) We also promote flexible working days.
Yesterday we spent some time with our client doing a new product photo shoot for a new range they were releasing.
Did we enjoy it aaaah heck, who doesn’t love being surrounded by beautiful smells.
Come take a peek at some of the photos of us larking around on the shoot.
DREAMRANDOM add a new member to the team.
Damiano brings a wealth of experience to the DREAMRANDOM and heads up the Graphics Design team.
Be sure to keep up with the latest projects Damiano works on for our clients
THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR WILL HAVE
- Strong skills in hand-coded HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of responsive design techniques
- Skills in working with WordPress for use as a CMS
- Understanding of progressive enhancement and modern approaches to browser support
- Experience with PHP
SKILLS FOR MORE BROWNIE POINTS
- Obsessive (bordering OCD) when it comes to clean, efficient code
- Creative design & illustration skills.
- Experience with server administration and deployment – particularly cPanel.
- Experience of other open source CMS applications.
- Above all, you live and breathe technology, experiment at home/work and share your knowledge and experience with the wider community (via blogging).
- Experience in version control via Git/Github.
- Experience with Sass for CSS-preprocessing.
The role also gives the opportunity to branch out into various other aspects of the business, depending on Dream Random’s needs and your own personal aspirations.