Using social network platforms to promote your business is not just something extremely effective it is also a low cost marketing tool. Society is strongly influenced by what they see online. Especially when friends and family are supporting it.
To promote your business you should:
- Choose the right social networks; if your new business is audiovisual, for example, musical; you should join MySpace and YouTube. If your new company is about technology, you have to promote your business on Twitter.
- Create a short biography about your company, indicating the purpose, products and offerings of your business.
- Be active; answer to all your customers, invite your friends to your new Facebook page and generate interaction.
- Do not use your new social network just to talk about your company. Share information, articles and other websites of interest related to your topic. Stay relevant!
Which are the most important social networks?
- Facebook – The top social network with over a billions users.
- Twitter – A site with a 140-character text limit. It easy to share all sorts of multimedia content in tweets.
- Instagram – A mobile application designed for sharing real-time photos and short videos while on the go.
- YouTube – A network to share video production, blogging, movie making and music sharing.
- LinkedIn – Do you need to make more professional connections?
- Pinterest – Collecting the best images and categorising them on your own boards.
- Tumblr – Blogging platform heavily used by teens and younger users.
- Google+ – Create a personal profile, connect with others who create a Google Plus profile, share multimedia links and engage with other users.
By Richard Mensah on 1 January 2016